How To Change Business Category On Facebook
Sometimes you make and realize that your company page has made a mistake. And you want to change business category on facebook because You may have chosen the wrong type of business page, or you may want to change the page title or category associated with the page. You can change the page category or type at any time, but you can only change the company page name if there are fewer than 200 people you want. To change business category on facebook
Sometimes you can rename pages with more than 200 likes on Facebook, but this looks like a random event.
To change, please follow the steps below.
- Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Tap Pages, then go to your Page.
- Tap More.
- Tap Edit Page then tap Page Info.
- Tap Category.
- Tap an existing category to delete it, or tap Add category + to create a new one.
- Type to search for the category you want to add, then tap the category to select it.
- Tap to select the category, then tap Save.
Log in to Facebook.
Go to your page.
When viewing your personal account news feed, you can quickly find the page by looking at the menu on the left.
Click “Change Page” in the admin panel. Then click Update Info.
The “Basic Information” tab appears.
You can edit the category, subcategory, and title of your business page. There are two drop-down menus at the top of the page, and you can change them to your liking by doing one of the following:
To change the category
The category on the business page, first click and select the drop-down menu.
If you want to create sub- category
If you want to change the subcategory of the business page, click and select the second drop-down menu.
To change business Name
If you want to change the name of the business page, click in the Name text box, delete the old name, then re-enter the new name. The new name will appear as the page title, but the personal URL (user name) will not change.
Click the “Save Changes” button.
Changing the page category may change the input field. For example, when you go from People/Authors to Books and Magazines/Books, the fields will automatically change to give you a different set of input fields.
Steps for change Facebook Page Name
If you have more than 200 likes but need to change your company page name, Facebook can sometimes follow the change process by adding a link under the Basic Info tab. The only other way is to delete the original page and start over.
I don’t recommend it as you lose everything you like and you have to build your community from the ground up. Changing the name when there are more than 200 people can confuse your audience. However, if you need to delete the page, follow these steps.
- Log in to Facebook.
- Find the page title in the menu on the left.
- If you don’t see the page title, click the More link to see a list of all pages.
- Click the Edit Page button.
- It’s in the editing area of the page with a navigation menu on the left.
- Select Manage Permissions from this navigation menu.
- Click on the “Permanently delete this page” link (and click on “Save Changes” button).
- A confirmation dialog will pop up asking if you really want to do this. Eventually this is permanently removed.
- Any server can delete pages it manages. Deleted pages cannot be restored, so delete them carefully.